If you just want to buy an appliance now please consider using one of my carefully selected and … Buy Appliances
Last updated on May 18th, 2017
Get help and advice about white goods appliances by a UK engineer with 40 years experience. Quoted and consulted by journalists and media around the world (Previously Washerhelp)
Look after your white goods appliances with the help of hundreds of useful articles built up since 2000. Specialising in washing machines and appliance safety issues.
Dryer Safety Notice
Logik tumble dryers (Sold at Currys) are subject to a new safety warning. Unplug your machine and immediately stop using it. The heating element in a small batch of Logik LVD7W15 tumble dryers manufactured between March and April 2016 may overheat which could possibly lead to a fire.
Read more: at Electrical Safety First
Exploding Door Glass
Which? have now published a report on the "Exploding" washing machine door glass issue that I started tracking several years ago.
Tumble dryer fire risks
Millions of tumble dryers affected by a fire risk safety notice. Is yours affected? Full details – Hotpoint Creda & Indesit Tumble Dryer Fire Risk
Affected brands are: Hotpoint | Indesit | Creda | Proline | Swan manufactured between April 2004 and September 2015
Latest white goods articles
- Bosch and Neff hobs gas leak risk (possible explosion risk)
- How dangerous are our appliances?
- 8 ways to make your appliances more safe
- How can a tumble dryer catch fire when unplugged?
- Ice in base of freezer
- Water in base of fridge
- How to clear a blocked pressure system
- Fridge freezer 4 months out of guarantee (Consumer question answered)
- Advice if buying American-style fridge freezers
- What’s the difference between drum sizes in washing machines? (A look at specific drum sizes)
- Washing machine drum sizes (All drum sizes are not equal)
- Holes in clothes photos (A lot of people get holes in clothes after washing)
- LG washing machine direct drive safety notice (LG safety notice)
- Hotpoint washing machines electric shock risk (Hotpoint safety notice)
- Using a washing machine from storage
- See list of All white goods articles (newest first)
I’ve seen many changes in the industry and many are not for the better. I have opinions on many things – some of which you might find interesting and useful