Get help and advice about white goods appliances by a UK engineer with 40 years experience. Quoted and consulted by journalists and media around the world (Previously Washerhelp)
Gain useful knowledge on white goods appliances. Find out about dangerous appliances that you, or your family, may have in your homes. Hundreds of regularly updated articles, carefully built up since the year 2000
- Can you lay fridge or freezer on its side or back when moving it?This article describes how to safely transport a fridge or freezer to another house or location. It is especially important if you are unable to keep it… Read more: Can you lay fridge or freezer on its side or back when moving it?
- How to save food if freezer isn’t workingIf you notice your freezer has stopped working, keep the door closed as long as possible. Freezers are insulated, so depending on how full it is, it… Read more: How to save food if freezer isn’t working
- Can I claim for spoiled food when freezer breaks down?We like to keep our freezers stocked up, especially when we’ve taken advantage of special offers. So if one breaks down, they are often filled with more… Read more: Can I claim for spoiled food when freezer breaks down?
- Motor bracket on washing machine brokenA plastic motor bracket on a washing machine’s drum can break. This will cause the motor to come loose, and the drive belt may come off. If… Read more: Motor bracket on washing machine broken
- Potential health risks from washing machine’s old hot water tapAfter installing a cold fill only washing machine, most of us no longer use the old hot water supply. Millions of washing machine hot water taps are… Read more: Potential health risks from washing machine’s old hot water tap
- Is a hot and cold fill washing machine more economical?In theory yes, but the way washing machines work means that in the majority of UK households it’s likely to be more economical to use a cold-fill… Read more: Is a hot and cold fill washing machine more economical?
- White Goods Right to RepairI don’t think that the right to repair directive will extend the life of white goods. There’s been a lot of publicity in the media about the… Read more: White Goods Right to Repair
- How to Remove & Replace Drum PaddleInside a washing machine drum there are three paddles. They are usually (though not always) made of plastic, and they sometimes break or come loose. Their job… Read more: How to Remove & Replace Drum Paddle
Hello Chris. The manufacturer has no obligation other than to honour the guarantee. So if it’s out of guarantee, and…
Hi Andy, Just came across this, we have a 450 quid tumble made by hotpoint and it’s 14 months old…
I’ve been using colour catchers very successfully for a long time now,then recently found the machine wasn’t draining properly and…
Your reply was so helpful thank you so much. In spite of only one inlet pipe and hose the water…
Ah that is so helpful. Will try checking in the drawer. I did type a longer reply but moderator said…
Get information & advice related to appliance spare parts – Spares category
Or go straight to buy replacement parts from Ransom Spares (Best Prices Guaranteed).
Buy new appliances from recommended affiliate appliance retailers. Read reviews, get buying advice, recommendations, and warnings – Buying appliances
Look after your home & family. Faulty appliances cause many fires, but they rarely get reported.
Learn about vital safety notices, and risks & dangers related to all your white goods appliances – Appliance safety
Advice & help on UK consumer rights issues related to white goods appliances.
Your rights when buying, with faulty appliances, and with bad repairs or service – Consumer section
Essential advice & helpful tips on using all your white goods appliances.
Learn how to use them more efficiently, and how to save time & money. I guarantee you will learn something useful – Using appliances
Renting a white goods appliance may make sense for some people these days –