From this page you can access my articles and resources about UK cookers and ovens. This is the least populated section of Whitegoodshelp at the moment, so please bear with me while I add more content.
Installing a cooker requires a qualified electrician. If it’s a gas appliance you need a Gas Safe registered engineer. Gas cookers these days are connected by a thick flexible pipe that can be easily disconnected by pushing and twisting. Obviously you need gas safe engineer to install the fixings, but once you have the gas supply fitted is it okay to disconnect the cooker yourself, maybe for cleaning, or to connect a different cooker? This question is answered in the following article Gas cooker installation
Buy cooker oven or hob Spares & Accessories
Price match promise: “If you find the exact same part or accessory elsewhere for cheaper, we’ll not only match it, we’ll beat it!” –
- Buy Cooker parts and accessories (Ransom Spares)
- Cooker / Oven bulbs & lamps
- Oven elements
- Cooker Cleaning Products
Ransom Spares is a family company with over 1 million white goods appliance spare parts for sale. Next day delivery available, friendly company with over 5000 reviews on Trust Pilot
As yet I haven’t done any of my own reviews. To see the latest reviews and see what the latest Best Buy’s and Don’t Buys are check out Which?
Which? Trial Offers
- Full Online Access, Magazine & App – Introductory offer of £5 for first month, £9.99 Monthly Price
- (Or get special £99 Annual Price)
- Digital – Website + App – £7.99 Monthly Price
- Print – Magazine Only – £7.99 Monthly Price
- Choose your Which? Package
Safety & Safety Notices Issued
Make sure you don’t have any of the following cookers or ovens, which have had official manufacturers safety notices issued about them because of potential serious dangers.
- Built in ovens safety notice – potential fire risk
- Cookers with a separate grill implicated in 6 deaths
- Gas leak risk with some Bosch and Neff gas hobs
- Hotpoint and Indesit gas cookers safety notice
- Candy Trio safety notice: Fire risk
Here are a few related items and reviews about cookers and ovens