This page focuses on everything to do with buying a washing machine. Not just where to buy, but dozens of articles covering pre-purchasing decisions.
It also covers common problems & issues associated with buying a new washing machine. Have a look, you may be surprised how helpful some of them are.
Topics on this page include the following –
- CHOOSING A WASHING MACHINE
- ENERGY LABELS AND ECONOMY
- EXTENDED WARRANTIES
Jump right in and check out the latest appliance offers from my affiliates.
Choosing a Washing Machine
The following list contains articles that may be helpful in deciding which washing machine to buy, or which type (e.g. washer or washer dryer? Cheap or expensive? Which brand, which features).
- Which is best, a top loader or a front loader?
- Washer-dryer or separate washing machine and dryer?
- Pros & Cons of washer dryer v separate
- Is a more expensive washing machine a better one?
- Which is the best washing machine to buy?
- Washing machines to avoid
- Coloured washing machines
- Do I Need a Half load button on washing machine?
- Washing machines with faster washes
- Washing machines with a 30 degree wash cycle
- Washing machines with a 95 degree hot wash
- I want a washing machine with a hot water valve
- Cold fill verses Hot fill washing machines
- Cold Fill Washing Machines
Energy labels and economy
Information and frequently asked questions about energy labels and economy issues on new washing machines
- What do the energy labels on washing machines mean?
- Are eco labels on Washing Machines misleading?
- Energy Labels: Energy consumption Labels: Energy consumption kWh/Cycle
- Choosing lowest energy consumption washing machine
- Washing performance ratings on eco labels
- Washing machine eco labels Part 4
Sizes, drum capacity & spin speed
Articles about washing machine sizes, which will be very useful if you have a non-standard kitchen space. Washing machines do vary in size, depth and width, but not by much. Also looking at the pros and cons of different spin speeds and drum capacity pros and cons.
- What’s the difference between drum sizes in washing machines?
- Washing machine drum sizes
- Washing machine spin speeds
- Spin speed efficiency
- How does drum capacity affect spin efficiency?
Actually buying washing machines. Recommendations on where to buy from and where not to buy from.
When you buy a new washing machine you are very likely to be asked if you want to buy an extended warranty for it. In fact some places are still pushing them very hard. So before buying you should really do some research into them, and make sure you understand exactly what they do and what they won’t do.
- Some new washing machines not delivering right temperature
- Why don’t most modern washing machines last very long?
- How long should a washing machine last?
- Why can’t modern washing machines rinse properly?
- Are Reconditioned Washing Machines Any Good?
More buying advice
All the above articles are specific to buying washing machines. Don’t miss the Buying Appliances section, which has more useful advice regarding buying appliances that are general but still relevant to washing machines. The page also contains some washing machine reviews.