This page covers a wide range of topics related to using UK white goods appliances. Not just how to operate an appliance, but also covering topics such as installation and environmental issues – and most importantly user safety issues. I specialise in washing machines and safety issues, but I also write articles about other appliances too.
User manuals or instruction books
If you need an instruction manual for a white goods appliance most of them are now available from the manufacturer. This page has links to download appliance instruction manuals – instruction manuals / books
Installing or connecting appliances
- Are all these environmental issues a moneymaking con?
- Do we really need to dump our old inefficient appliances to save the world?
- Smoking in public places ban had great benefit for washing machines
- Does WEEE penalise quality appliances?
- Eco-labels improvement suggestion
- How to reduce energy costs of running white appliances
- Is there much difference between energy ratings A and A+?
- How good are Eco detergents?
- Device to replace concrete weight in washing machines
Appliance safety notices
Do you have a dangerous appliance in your house? When manufacturers realise there is a serious issue with one of their white goods appliances they are forced to issue what’s called a safety notice..
These are not issued lightly, and often warn about very serious dangers to anyone using one or having one running in their home. Make sure you check this list – Manufacturer’s Safety Notices – all white goods
- Just how dangerous are our appliances
- 8 ways YOU can make your appliances more SAFE
- Using extension leads and cables with white goods appliances
- Using extension sockets and adapters with appliances
- Don’t use fabric softener on children’s sleepwear!
- Please keep a fire extinguisher near your appliances
- Should you turn off appliances at the socket when not in use?
- Danger to children and pets from washing machines and tumble dryers
Advice Specific to Using Washing Machines
Don’t miss the section giving specific using advice for washing machines
Advice Specific to using other appliances
Advice specific to using other appliances here –