This page covers a wide range of topics related to using white goods appliances. Not just how to operate an appliance, but also covering topics such as installation, and environmental issues – and most importantly, user safety issues.
I specialise in washing machines and safety issues, but I also write articles about other white goods appliances too.
User manuals (instruction books)
If you need to download a user instruction manual for a white goods appliance, most of them are now available from the manufacturer.
See my appliance user manuals page
General using issues
Renting a white goods appliance means no more repair billsRental deals at Forbes
Installing or connecting appliances
Articles related to installing or connecting various appliances. Not the actual plumbing in, but how to properly connect one up to existing plumbing and all related advice and tips.
Do you have any dangerous appliances in your home? When manufacturers realise there is a serious issue with one of their white goods appliances they are forced to issue what’s called a safety notice..
These are not issued lightly, and often warn about very serious dangers to anyone using one or having one running in their home. Make sure you check this list – Manufacturer’s Safety Notices – all white goods
The following articles cover important and useful safety issues directly related to white goods appliances.
- Just how dangerous are our appliances?
- 8 ways YOU can make your appliances more SAFE
- Using extension leads and cables with white goods appliances
- Using extension sockets and adapters with appliances
- Don’t use fabric softener on children’s sleepwear
- Please keep a fire extinguisher near your appliances
- Should you turn off appliances at the socket when not in use?
- Danger to children and pets from washing machines and tumble dryers