White goods appliances are vital to us all, but unfortunately, they do keep breaking down. You might want to carry out your own repairs, with a little help. Or you might need to book a professional repair. Either way, please read all of this page. It covers everything to do with the subject of appliance repairs that I can think of and has some really useful tips and advice.
Choose a repair company from my appliance repairs page. If you use one, it helps to keep this site running at no extra cost to you. Thank you.
Order your appliance spares now. Lowest prices guaranteed.
Help on many common appliance faults by an engineer with over 40 years experience.
Attempting repairs if you aren’t qualified is very dangerous. Never try to repair an appliance if you don’t know what you are doing.
- 8 things you should never do when repairing a washing machine
- My top 4 DIY safety tips
- Top 10 Tips on safe DIY repair practices (Avoid accidents and damage to house)
Pre DIY Repair Advice
Using repair engineer
- Are Free Estimates Really Free?
- What Does No Call Out Charge Mean?
- I need quick repair, should I try an immediate call-out repairman?
- 3 good pre-repair tips related to having an appliance repaired
- Should washing machine be serviced regularly?
- Should washing machine be taken away for repairs?
- Repair company want to charge if no fault found
- Which is the best, manufacturer or independent engineer?
- Why are there so many appliance repair horror stories?