This page focuses on the subject of using a washing machine. Not specifically how to operate one, the instruction manual tells you that, but these articles cover many issues and problems you might come across whilst using one.
Topics on this page include the following –
- INSTRUCTION MANUALS
- FUNCTION & CARE
- PROBLEMS WITH WASH RESULTS
- DETERGENTS & FABRIC SOFTENER
If you need an washing machine instruction manual this page has links to manufacturer’s sites so you can download one – instruction manuals / books
FUNCTION & CARE
Frequently asked questions about using a washing machine properly and looking after and taking care of it to keep it in good condition.
If you can’t find your issue in the list below you need the proper troubleshooting washing machine faults section.
- Black jelly-like substance in soap dispenser and on soap drawer
- Should I put detergent in the soap dispenser or straight in the drum?
- Can you wash trainers in a washing machine?
- How to protect bra in washing machine
- Loading a washing machine
- Why does washing machine take so long to wash? (especially eco-wash cycles)
- What causes too much foam in the washing machine?
- Is washing machine taking in enough water?
- What temperature should you wash bed sheets at?
- How to remove soap drawer to clean
- What causes black mould on washing machines?
- How to remove a greyish white coating in drum
- How to get rid of washing machine smells
- Spin light flashing at end of the cycle
- Save on fabric softener tip
PROBLEMS WITH WASH RESULTS
Problems with laundry not getting clean or picking up stains and general issues related to poor wash results.
- Rust coloured spots on laundry
- Should the washing come out warm or cold?
- Clothes come out of washing machine hot
- Laundry comes out of washing machine badly creased
- How to remove stains from clothes
- Stop bobbling or pilling on clothes
- Why are clothes getting stretched? (especially sleeves)
DETERGENT AND SOFTENER
All about washing machine detergent and fabric softener
- Biological detergents can damage woollens & silks (cause holes)
- Biological detergent and skin irritation
- Washing machine detergent from the past
- Which is the best type of washing machine detergent?
- Fabric softener not being taken away
- Fabric softener compartment always full of water
- Softener gets taken out too soon
- Is Calgon Worth Using?
- Soda Crystals and washing machines
- Washing at 30 degrees – 5 things you need to know
- Washing dog bedding or basket