Sometimes an engineer may say they have to take your appliance away to be repaired. Most commonly it might be your washing machine. There should be a good reason for taking an appliance away. An engineer should be very reluctant to do so. Here are the disadvantages to you the customer –
- It is most likely to cost you extra because considerably more time and effort is involved.
- Two visits are needed so it drags out longer
- You have no idea what is being done to the washing machine
- You have no idea how long it’s been worked on
- Your washing machine could get damaged in transit
- Many cowboys routinely take washing machines away because they can charge for work not carried out, or fit second hand parts but charge for new ones
- All repairs can be done in the home (see exceptions below)
Good Reasons for Taking a Washing Machine Away to Be Repaired
1: Some reputable engineers could legitimately want to take your washing machine away to a workshop if your machine has a fault that is intermittent and hard to trace needing more time than they can give whilst out on the road.
2: Also, if you have a very small kitchen someone may prefer to take it away for a tub or drum bearing change if it’s difficult to work in your home. In most cases taking one away should be something that makes sense to you from a reasonable explanation.