Hoover Nextra error codes are indicated by flashing the “start” and “pause” LED’s together. The lights should flash once every second with a slight pause in-between. If you count them (within a 15 second period) the number of flashes should indicate which error code the machine is communicating.
The error code could be anything from 0 to 11 although I’m not sure how error 0 is displayed unless presumably the lights are lit but they are not flashing.
Before deciding to replace any parts on your Hoover Nextra washing machine based on an error code you should be aware of the following advice Appliance error codes
The linked-to article explains how most error codes are useless to a diy repairer (and often not much help to a trained engineer). I would not advise for example buying an expensive module because your machine shows an error code 0 saying “module fault”. PCBs, timers and modules are very expensive and don’t come with any guarantee unless you are trade.
It’s a big gamble and if the fault remains the same after fitting you’ve wasted a lot of money. I have replaced parts on the say so of error codes and found it didn’t cure the fault. Another issue is, “module fault” doesn’t guarantee the module is faulty, it could even be a faulty connection, or the module could have been damaged by another component.
Nextra error codes
- 0 = module fault
- 1 = Door interlock / door switch
- 2 = Filling time out or solenoid valve etc.
- 3 = Pump time out (3 mins) exceeded
- 4 = Overfill (i.e. blocked air chamber / faulty solenoid valve)
- 5= NTC / Heater fault ( The NTC is a thermostat as described here Indesit washing machine error code 3 (F03) )
- 6 = Module fault
- 7 = Motor jammed / drum shaft jammed / tacho generator fault ( as described here – Hoover Nextra error code 7 )
- 8 = Ditto (presumably meaning same as 7 but could be a sensor fault)
- 9 = Faulty triac on main board
- 10 = Faulty program selector / wiring
- 11 = Faulty dryer board or wiring (latest interact models)
Fixed-price repairs, Pay monthly, Repair & protect your whole appliance..
Price match promise: "If you find the exact same part cheaper, we’ll not only match it, we’ll beat it!"