There's never been so many different washers to buy. Why do we need so many brands? Most of them are nothing special and extremely similar to their competition. In fact much of the so-called competition is often just other washing machines made by the same company – all made to virtually the same standard even sharing some parts. (Who owns who? Who really makes your washing machine?)
Repairmen know appliances best
Instinctively, we tend to trust what our repairman thinks about a washing machine. Most people would tend to trust their judgement over that of a salesperson in a store. After all, who knows more about the washing machine? Only the makers I would say, but they are biased. My archived reviews are listed on the left column. I hope to resume my reviews soon.
The following categories and tags contain related information.
Archived Reviews list
Please note many of these reviews are now archived. Although they give a good idea of the quality of the individual brands many of the models reviewed have since been superseded.
In many cases the newer models are still very similar to the ones reviewed.
For the very latest washing machine and appliance reviews try Which? Get your Which? offer
- AEG Lavamat L76669 review
- Bosch WAA24160 review
- Candy CN120 review
- Dyson CR01 review
- Electrolux EWN 14991 W Time Manager review
- Hoover H160E review
- Hotpoint WD64 washer dryer review
- Indesit W103 (UK) review
- Indesit WIL133 review
- Indesit Moon review (An article on my blog)
- John Lewis JLWM1203 washing machine
- John Lewis JLWD1609 Washer Dryer
- LG WM14225FD washing machine review (Short forum post)
- Miele washing machines – build quality review
- Miele W864 review
- Miele W 3740 review)
- Tricity Bendix AW1001 review
- Zanussi ZWF1010W review
- More washing machine reviews on Washerhelp's forum
- Which? Offer – what's the catch?