Some models of Hotpoint washing machines can electrocute up to 5 minutes AFTER the washing machine has been unplugged. This is not a concern for an ordinary user but if you are attempting a diy washing machine repair do not touch the main PCB until the washing machine has been unplugged for over 5 minutes.
To be on the safe side, follow this advice for all washing machines unless you know it is safe to do otherwise.
Related information from main Washerhelp site:
- I’ve turned the washing machine off at the socket or its own on off switch – I can’t get a shock now can I?
- What do I need to watch out for after repairing or installing a washing machine?
- What about other safety issues (non electrical)?
- Is it dangerous attempting to repair my own washing machine?
- Is there anything I should never do?
- Is it possible to introduce new faults while repairing or installing a washing machine?