This page links to appliance spare parts resources where you can buy parts online. Importantly, it also links to related articles written by an appliance repairman with over 30 years experience in the trade, designed to help anyone looking into buying and fitting parts. Information and tips on what numbers you might need, where to find them, and the difference between genuine and non-genuine parts.
Buy Spare Parts
Things to Watch Out for When Buying Spares
Avoid common spare part pitfalls. Having the right model and serial number is often not be enough to locate the correct parts. Have you even got the full, proper model number? Advice on what information you need from your appliance to obtain the correct spare part.
- Is the model and serial number all I need?
- Are numbers on the actual part any use?
- How to find a spare part – what information you need from the washing machine
- Where to find the proper model number and serial number on a washing machine
- How to find model & serial number on a built in washing machine
- Where is the model & serial number on a fridge or freezer?
- Could you find the model & serial number on your washing machine if the door is jammed shut?
- Manufacturers often fit different versions of parts to exactly the same model
- Some manufacturers put a model number on the front of the machine which is no good for locating spare parts
More information on specific parts on both columns -